Sunday, January 24, 2010

Teamwork




I've been known to have a few unkind words to say about that asshole, Mr. Bunker, I think... but all in good fun, right?
Today Mr. Bunker has agreed to take the kids away so that I can do the laundry in peace while watching Peyton Manning smackdown The Jets & their dirty Sanchez. Later this evening I anticipate having a good cry with that big baby Brett Favre.

I just read the above paragraph back and I'm worried that I may be turning into a man, this looming role reversal thing is getting to me.
Wait...if there really was a role reversal going on would I be doing the laundry? Hail to the no, Snoop, I'd be sitting here with one hand in my pants and the other around a beer whilst shouting at somebody to bring me a burger.

The only way to know for sure will be to hit Last Call tomorrow at Neiman's and see if Manolo still makes my heart skip a beat. I'll do this after I fix the garbage disposal but before I take the trash out, scratch my nuts and skim this month's issue of "Motor Trend".

9 comments:

Linnnn said...

An intense Spa Day is in order - STAT! Toes to nose, and a new coif to boot!

Unknown said...

You trust the kids in his care??

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edith Bunker said...

Linnnn, right you are, and not in a sports bar.

peedee, only when he's with other families, otherwise I'll have to deal with one of the nice ladies from child and family services.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

C'mon, you just like Motor Trend because it's BIGGER than Car & Driver or Road & Track, or Cream & Cheese, or Plastic Sheets & Wesson Oil.

Admit it.

BZ

Ann T. said...

Dear BZ,
No, no, the Wesson is not Safe. You can never gain Traction.
Ann T.

Edith Bunker said...

Well, bigger IS better in most cases, BV; and you're supposed to use a Twister game not a plain plastic sheet, although this in no way addresses the issue of traction.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

You guys make excellent points, but I was talking about the MAGazine! What, you don't subscribe??

BZ

Unknown said...

I thought the whole idea was to NOT get traction??