Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Very Nice Day

Today was the Chicago Marathon and sadly I did not participate. Conditions turned out to be nearly perfect with cool temps and no wind. Instead of running with the pack of 45,000 sweaty fools, I took a leisurely run along the nearly deserted lakefront path with a good friend and her camera.

First stop (above), I went and gave Mr. Bunker a good kick in the kidneys and told him to get his ass out of that sleeping bag and to go take out the trash, and that if he cleans out the G.D. garage that maybe I'll let him sleep in there. If you look hard you can see that that is a very nice down filled sleeping bag which I think reflects my general kind heartedness; I can't help it, I'm just that way!
Next, I admired the lovely fall foliage while flipping off the cab drivers and yelling "get off that cell phone and go back to Abu Dhabi you terrorist!" They love that, and I'm sure they know it's all in good fun.
My face, my face!! where did it go??? This is what can happen with too much botox, no expression at all!
And then I said "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMILING ABOUT?" Fools. I tried to explain to them that marriage was not that great of an idea, but apparently they'd already paid for everything, so what can you do?

And the very best part of the day: packing up abomadable frog lamp to go to sunny Florida. Life is good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! frog lamp!!!!!

lmao. I CAN NOT wait to relate the story of this lamp to my friend. He's gonna think we're both off our rockers. I'll get a pic of him with the lamp and post it! lol

Sorry you didnt get to sweat with 45K of your closest friends. And your far to nice to Archie.

I've been to that part of the waterfront!!! Kinda makes ya giggly when you see something you've visited once. lol

And it was bawlz hot in fla today, infact this whole past week. The end of hades in so fla is insight sometime next week. Where instead of highs in the low 90's it will be highs in the low 80's. Cant wait. =/

Gia's Spot said...

Oh why didn't you run the Marathon? I was living vicariously thru you! But looks like the run you did have was a good one! Yeah, I was wondering if you suffered from a facial defect there for a moment...............And that man getting married did not look like the Archie type, unless that's his mask that comes off after she says "I Do"?

Edith Bunker said...

That's by the chess pavilion, one of my favorite spots and a great place for photos, as evidenced by the happy couple. you can see immediately that he's not like Archie because he is holding the bouquet, with Archie it's more along the lines of " hey babe, hold my beer".

Anyway, I missed out on training this year because my eye meds dropped my blood pressure causing unconsciousness upon exertion. Fortunately I don't have to use those again so I can resume normal life. Ready to go do some pole dancin'.

jennbird said...

Hey...you got in a pretty run without having to pay a ridiculously inflated entry fee. Good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

You Play Chess???

Please tell me you're NOT hiding a Y chromosome somewhere...
Have fun in Northern Cuba,

Frank