Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Honky Lopez

Suppose you're a new resident, and your name is Joe Lopez. You show up to surgery and turn out to look like a member of the Aryan nation, so how can you be offended if someone calls you "Honky Lopez"? Really, how can you possibly be mad? How could someone not call you Honky Lopez? I think it would be prudent to just legally change your name so people know what to expect. How's anyone supposed to know you're from Northern Spain and not Guadalajara?
Sheesh, why so sensitive?
Also, a little crack about your Halloween costume being gay wasn't referring to you being gay, hell, how's anyone supposed to know?
Anyhoo, Dr. Honky Lopez, I'd twist Dr. P.A.'s arm till she said sorry, but lets face it, the honky things should be expected, and truly nobody cares that you're gay, but the blithering asshole thing about your expertise is unbearable, so no apology for you. In fact you are are my new depot for patients I don't like, so prepare yourself, because you have a few crazies headed your way, Dr. HONKY.

8 comments:

Capt. Schmoe said...

A little more sensitivity training for you Senora Bunker.

Signed Jose Schmoe

Gia's Spot said...

Careful, Mrs B. Those skin head Lopez's are the worst!
BTW did you unload that god awful suit?

Edith Bunker said...

Capt, I'm SO sensitive. I weep for the downtrodden every night at 6pm for 3 minutes while facing east. Isn't that sensitive??

Gia: I had a little nibble, but no takers yet. Please rejoice with me that the frog lamp is in a good home now.

CholeraJoe said...

I experienced the same "What's wrong with this picture?" feeling once when I met a new ICU nurse named Christina Zarzamora. Tall, real blond, blue eyes, no wedding ring - looked like she should be from Norway not South of the Border. First generation Basque immigrant.

But a committed heterosexual, fortunately for me.

Edith Bunker said...

Clearly C.J., you didn't open with "well hello honky".

Unknown said...

I didnt know the word Honky was still used. lol. I thought that it had been replaced with Cracker for some reason.
Maybe its a Florida thing.

Edith Bunker said...

Well, "cracker" could be a little mean; so the antiquated "honky" is almost a term of endearment, no need for hard feelings!

dr. p.a. said...

same goes for the halloween costume. what do you expect?- you go as chips- its gay. not an insult.