Monday, October 12, 2009

The Dowager Special

This is a really nice evening suit, that is, if you were born on the Pangaea land mass during the Paleozoic era.

This nightmare was a gift for me from Mr. Bunker. Maybe he got it for me to ensure that I wouldn't attract any attention outside of the shuffleboard & prune juice set. This garment is so fugly that if I die when I'm 100 and somebody buries me in it that I promise I will be so pissed that I will come back to haunt whomever made the decision.
It is the color of a vomit covered bruise, it sparkles, and it is 2 sizes too big. BUT after posting a picture of the frog lamp, that particular atrocity has moved out of my possession, sooo....any takers?
It's made by St. John, and they are known for making suits that are very comfortable, and are especially favored by rich old ladies with elaborately styled hair and wearing so much Chanel number 5 that it's flavor may be experienced.

If I could only unearth the receipt, the refund would probably cover 2 pairs of nice hooker heels.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't you take a hint Edith??
He clearly wants you to dress you up like ummm not sure, maybe Principal Evelyn Togar from "Rock n Roll Highschool" for some kinky S&M. Or maybe just the "S" or the "M"...
I learned long ago not to buy Mrs. D anything that doesn't have more Carats than Bugs Bunny, and even then its better to let her pick it out...

Frank

Edith Bunker said...

eww. gotta go jump in the shower.

CholeraJoe said...

The boy ain't right, Ms B. I don't believe I EVER bought the ex anything that she liked. She even found fault with the diamonds. (Should have been set in Platinum, not white gold) After a couple of years, I reverted to either cash or taking her shopping and simply forking over the plastic when she was ready.

Edith Bunker said...

So what, she finally got you trained then split?? the only thing that can be wrong with a diamond is, well...uh, nothing. It must have been those other women leaving their underwear around.

el chupacabra said...

I was hoping for chainsaws.

I like chainsaws but, this is cool too.

Unknown said...

The Frog Lamp Has Arrived!!!!! I'll get a pic of it with its proud new owner when he comes over this weekend. Gotta love the internet. =D Thanks Edith!!

Anonymous said...

I rather like the suit, I'm part of the over 60 group, But anything that says ST.John is a winner in my book.

Edith Bunker said...

Hey anon, all I need is an address, this lovely suit could be YOURS.