Monday, April 27, 2009

Drama Queen

I sometimes don't appreciate my kids as much as I should. When Miss H. has her head buried in her book and her finger buried up her nose probing for the monster booger as The Boy is composing biological symphonies, I suffer mild consternation (and no, that is not treated with a laxative). Then we have a visit from this Verruca Salt wannabe, which started as a movie date, and ended up being an all-nighter. It was instructive in that I have a new-found appreciation for my offspring.

HOLY SHIT. How can an 8 year old human child be such a pain in the ass?? Such A giant pain in the ass?? She is wasting her talents on me because she belongs on daytime TV. Someone please get her an agent, she alone could resurrect the afternoon dramas with her swooning antics. And she's 8. EIGHT years old, and she's sulking in a corner crying because Miss H. is not bestowing 100% of her attention upon her, then she's flopping around because her "brain hurts" and she may need to go the the emergency room because I don't have any fuckin cheetos. She's uncomfortable around the other guests (with all the bad touch overtones included). And my most favorite: "your house smells funny Mrs. Bunker; no offense, but it does smell a little funny." I guess it's not fair game to tell and 8 year old that it's probably her breath blowin' back into her face, but that's what leaped to mind. And food cooking will smell strange if you're used to meals by delivery every night. CRIKEY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nobody could ever understand the level of insanity of THAT child, unless they met her in the flesh..If shes a reflection of her parents, and children often are, then her mom needs to be locked up, along with that little monster...If I were you, Id keep my kids as far away from her as you can...you dont want that rubbing off in any form or fashion...shes "nuts" lol