Saturday, April 5, 2008

shorts & cowboy boots

A sunny day!? The kids clearly have some dim recollection of such. It's only just in the mid-fifties but the sun is out, so the kids are dressed like they are going to the beach; well, except for the cowboy boots. It's cute if you're in the 6 and under age group. H. has grown about 4 inches since summer, so unfortunately she looks a tad Brittany Spears-ish.

Sadly, I am trapped indoors wallowing in the swill which is a result of the stepped down housekeeping vigilance which occurred due to my efforts to compile my board exam materials. Nick seems to have managed to sneak in some oddities resulting from his dumpster diving while I wasn't looking. One of these treasures is a spittoon. What the hell... a spittoon. The really disturbing thing is that he already has one . I've tried tossing it a few times and it seems to work its way back in, along side of the broken scoreboard and the traffic signal. Who knows, maybe with all the smoking bans people will start to chew tobacco and there will be a great demand for spittoons.

Finally, the big bad national board exam package is mailed. I will attempt to block the entire topic from my thoughts for at least a week. I suppose I can contemplate the spittoon situation instead. Also I should tidy the kids up a bit. At least they're not looking too ragged thanks to the visit from my mother; were it not for her they would have probably been going to school in their pajamas and have potatoes growing in their ears.

While I was painfully compiling that big bastard of a binder, I took a moment to asses the priorities in my life, given a hypothetical situation:

Supposing that the house caught on fire, all it's inhabitants were inside, along with my completed Board package, and I was naked. What would I do?
1. grab the kids, bring them to safety
2. get my board materials and the little fucker (dog)
3. find clothing
4. call the fire department
5. tell them Nick may be inside.

Nick Nicety # 8: He does not chew tobacco

No comments: