Thursday, April 24, 2008

911 Emergency

How come the dang movie stars get to go to the hospital when they get tired? As in "so-and-so big hot titty woman was hospitalized for exhaustion" (I'm reading the waiting room magazines again).

Well, I know that my ass has really been dragging a few times. I expect that if I fell over, mostly people would just steal the Prada bag and the iPhone, then stay far away, leaving me face down, in the event that I was having some kind of dangerous fit. At the end of the day I'd just end up with extra laundry and missing credit cards.

What about all the single mothers out there with 2 crappy jobs and 3 little kids, do they get to go to the hospital for exhaustion? Is there such a diagnosis? Is it covered by insurance? Can you bring your own jammies to avoid those hang-me-loose open air gowns? I wonder what the doctor visit would be like for exhaustion. Maybe something like this (pay attention, FK):

Me: I'm just so tired, I can barely get my mascara on.
Dr: Oh you poor dear, you work so hard and you have that asshole husband.
Me: Sooo tired.
Dr: well those dark circles under your eyes aren't just unattractive, they are potentially lethal, they could puff your eyes shut while you're driving, or cause a deadly clot to your brain if you sneeze too hard.
Me: But the WHOLE WORLD is dependant upon me. I have a beef and vegetable stew in the crockpot, and I'm worried about the parsnips getting mushy.
Dr. You must go to the hospital and rest for a few days, I'm calling an ambulance right now.
Me: but.....
Dr. No buts, this is an order.

Only in hollywood. I guess we mere mortals don't have to deal with the overwhelming pressures of having personal assistants who can't properly interpret our chakras, and housekeepers that dick up the feng shui. Do we need to have a fund raiser & increase awareness?











No comments: