Thursday, January 31, 2008

call Dr. Phil

My marriage is apparently so blatantly bad that it has now been referred to as "birth control for marriage." And I thought I was being such a good soldier... It's just a stage. Everyone ends up in the same place after 10 years and two kids, right??

There is no "Soul Mate", so quit looking. People who say they have found their Soul Mate are generally people in the early stages of a relationship, and they are so busy humping each other that they haven't had time to figure out that they don't really like each other that much. I believe the term and concept of the "soul mate" is a myth, which was started by a misquoted Cinderella; when the prince showed up with the other shoe she said "oh here's my SOLE mate" referring, of course to her shoe, not the idiot bearing it. Next, Danielle Steele got her mitts on it, and dewy eyed teenagers everywhere bought into the concept and expect, as a birthright, seamless blissful love forever; subsequently the entire institution of marriage is foundering. Twits.

In today's discussion with a young single woman about what to look for in a mate, I suggested that it boils down to one simple principal: DON'T MARRY A CRAZY ASSHOLE. Money, looks, sex, blah blah blah. Just try to find someone sane. And if it turns out that I'm the crazy one after all, I guess I need someone more in tune with my own insanity. So I'm getting ready to throw on my wedding gown and go car shopping with Brittney Spears (don't worry, I won't be doing any vageen flashing).

No comments: