Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Clean Garage








t may not look clean, not exactly.
According to Mr. g.d. Bunker, standing there with his chest all puffed out, proud as an Amish kid with his first bong, it is all taken care of, cleaned up and sorted out. So rejoice &" just quit bitching"already.

Is it so horribly wrong for me to question why, if it's all cleaned out, can I still not park a car in there (four years and counting), or, for that matter, walk through it? In fact the only passage would be by using the ceiling joists like monkey bars & swinging through. Fortunately, I can do that with my toes; one of my more attractive attributes, although difficult if I'm wearing a skirt or carrying groceries. And the damn kids keep falling on their heads, those little assholes.
This is a minor detail which only the harshest of critics would notice, of course. You see, it's not that it's all completely cleaned out and finished, what do I expect a miracle?? However, it may as well be finished and clean, because he has gotten enough boxes and other types of containers that it could easily all be packed up and put neatly away. Duh! Problem solved.
The issue is, of course, that now in addition to all the shit that was in there in the first place there is also a tower of moldy moving crates, cookie tins, and hat boxes, so nothing has really changed. That is unless you're looking through eyes that are supplied by crazy brains, then you can see a beautiful transformation. I guess I've got some serious glue huffing to do.

Here is a random mother with her two glorious children in front of Soldier Field. This was for a little Saturday morning run. The weather was perfect, the course was along the spectacular lakefront, but that didn't help me with the last couple of miles. I was really only (hardly even) ready to run 6 miles, the extra four were some kind of cruel joke.
Unfortunately Mr. Bunker showed up to cheer us on and to reassure me that it's not so much that I'm out of shape, more just that I'm getting old. asshole.
He only came because he heard that they give away a lot of free stuff at the finish line; now he's got some Cliff bars and massage coupons which may now be added to his ever increasing heap-o-shit. He also grabbed up a few t-shirts even though they were not available in fat man sizes; he's planning on loosing a few pounds (so he can find a girlfriend) & expects that they will fit him soon enough.

I finished the dumb race and my legs still feel like they're on backwards. At least my kids were impressed--enough to fight about who got to wear my medal to school today, anyway.


I

12 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Well as for Archie, screw him (well no don't do that again, it may result in another child, prolonging your time with him!) But ahh Edith got a medal! Congratulations on that! And you look as far removed from out of shape and old as one can get! Keep your chin up and I will pray to the universal Gods that he finds a GF, quick!!
He def has hording issues.
Gia
(Cute kids!)

Anonymous said...

Yea for you....nice job. My computer has had a bad sickness but my darling daughter is home for the summer and has me up and running again. Bless her. about Mr. B couldn't you just take him for a ride and dump him out or lose him in the dessert, or find him a "tattoed bimbet" their in style it seems! Glad you back,love reading your blog. Pat

Edith Bunker said...

Gia! no screwing, for heavens sake. Thanks for the kind words, and yup, those kids are kinda cute. keepers.

Pat: glad your back! I got your nice note, thank you for making my day, and thanks to your daughter for getting you back on line. Defiantly looking out for that perfect tattooed bimbet.

CholeraJoe said...

Hey, Mrs. B. When you get the inevitable post-divorce augmentation, don't go all Heidi Montag on us, OK? 350cc smooth implants would look stunning!

Edith Bunker said...

CJ, I may be doing the inevitable post-divorce chastity/Chaz bono operation instead. However, If I opt to go femme I'll be headed down to hoosier land to score on that excellent boob pricetag. We all know that implants solve all your problems, right? At least the ones that involve swimsuits anyway.

CholeraJoe said...

Sure, I can hook you up with a nice lady plastic surgeon. She did my fillers and laser treatments. Made me look 10 years younger and discounted them about 25% since I'm a doc.

Ann T. said...

Dear Mrs. Bunker,
About the glue. I don't want you to get in any trouble here.

So I must tell you, Mrs. Bunker, that glue is addictive. You start with simple non-toxic and some colorful squares of paper, and the next damn thing you know, you're scrap-booking all the time. Soon you need a place for all that paper and funky scissors, stamps, motifs, and cutie-pie shit, and you're buying GLUE all the time!!

Now, about chests.
Somehow we have gone from Archie's prideful chest and his box-es, to your chest and his potential bimbos. Isn't there boob and to spare already???

Keep in mind, I am an advocate for whatever makes you feel good. But in steps, Mrs. Bunker!!! I think scrapbooking is a wonderful thing if it turns you on. Same with that new, busty you.

BTW,
Congratulations on the GOLD MEDAL!! It's going to look fantastic with that little black dress!! And your children are darling, even if they do fall out of your backpack in the Emporium.

Ann T.

Edith Bunker said...

Ann T: I'd rather be huffing gas outta cows butts that get the scrapbooking bug at this juncture. There are way too many supplies involved.

As for the boobage, I believe I've reached the Popeye stage of life where I yam what I yam.
Except for the the roots, highlights. eyebrows, toenails, etc. I'm not above a little help from Victoria's secret but I'm way to lazy to do more that that; besides any major changes and the little black dress wouldn't fit me anymore.

Linnnn said...

Three words on that garage: Fork lift ----> Dumpster.

'Course you may have to bring him down with a rhino dart before this kind of operation.

Whoo hoo on the medal! Even more whoo - hoo on the gorgeous kids!

Ann T. said...

Right, Linnnn,
I'm of your mind. Except for the escalation in negotiations, for which we have no on-ground feel, that would be my method . . . . alternately, moving service and U Keep Key LockLand Warehouse.

Move it all, let Master sort it out.

But same rationale, I ain't there.

And you're right about the little Bunkers. Totally awesome! Just like their Ma.

Ann T.

Edith Bunker said...

1-800-got junk is a local number begging to be called.
they have lots of dumpsters.

and thanks Linnn and Ann,
I too think they are rather cute... they'll probably sue me for defaming them by posting their images, but whatcha gunna do?

tom said...

If you can still see the walls,

you haven't ,

'got enuff stuff'