Sunday, September 20, 2009

Things are tough all over

First the cigarettes, and now the whiskey. How the hell ahm spozed to git myseff ready to deal with Mr. Bunker? Or prepare for surgery? Shit. Blood & guts without boozin' up a little first? no way, I'm sure I'll faint.
At least the paint and glue's not locked up yet, and of course there's always NyQuil.

KIDDING! Just joshin' of course, in an attempt to ward off the generalized despair now that my baby's off in kindygarten and my husband's purchsing industiral sized shredders. That, along with the general wretched state of the world has gotten me into a funk and now I'm thinking that maybe I ought to sell off my material possessions and move to a mud hut in the Andes..or it could be that I just need a haircut with a bit of a shoulder massage by a flitty queen.

I suppose I'll try the haircut first, it would be heartbreaking to part with my splendid shoes without exhausting all other conservative options.

Haircut such as:
And, shoes! How could I part with them?

8 comments:

Gia's Spot said...

Oh the haircut? Not in twenty lifetimes...the shoes?? A for adorable! As for the booze and Archie? I'd get a flask.......

The Whale said...

Isn't that the same haircut you had in your high school year book picture?

Unknown said...

Oh Snap!! The Brother throws you under the bus!!

Edith Bunker said...

Yea, nice bro I got there. anyway Whale, no. If you recall, in high school, my hair looked like a mushroom cloud, as you frequently reminded me. you getting the Al Hammer's disease?

The Whale said...

I'll use the acronym my old flying buddies use: CRS. (Can't remember shit). We'll be great in the old folks home. You'll be blind and I won't be able to remember where I was leading you. But you know I went to show your wonderful neice a picture of her aunt in one of my old yearbooks and was surprised to see that the picture had been surgically hacked out of the book.

Edith Bunker said...

I felt bad about people getting all googly-eyed due to my overwhelming beauty. It just didn't seem fair to the other girls, so you see, it was an altruistic act.

Anonymous said...

Edith, you put the "Cank" in "Cankles"!!!

Frank

Anonymous said...

sexy feet....