Monday, August 31, 2009

Urban Kayaking

Who says you can't do outdoorsy activies downtown? We had a lovely Sunday afternoon Kayaking down the pristine waters of the Chicago river. We played "spot the 3 eyed frog" and managed to avoid getting plowed over by the distinguished gentlemen at the helm of the fancy fast boat named "Panty Puller", you classy bastards you!
Archie Bunker put the buoyancy of his craft to the test and complained most of the time (he was hoongary, needed a burger), but it was good fun. We didn't make it quite to the "Willis" tower; you can only push a group of 8 year-olds so far; hard to get a cab back if they get tired.

Yes, that is one giant condom floating in the water. The kids were playing a game trying to sink it by throwing rocks at it. I didn't feel like hosting a sex-ed chat so I told them it was a banana wrapper. Of course today in the grocery store they were intent on finding some banans that had that special wrapper. Shit.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LMFAO! Banana Wrapper! Your a quick one mom! YOU must let them in on the secret when they get older. That'll be a good laugh around the christmas dinner table!

Anonymous said...

You call that "Giant"??

You really need to move down South...

Frank

CrazyPoet said...

OMG...Frank is one funny guy!

I went kayaking recently...it was probably one of the best times of my life!

I'm glad you had the opportunity.

Gia's Spot said...

Um do they supply the decontamination showers at the end of the river? Ugh I take it that was only the side scum and not throughout the entire river? Very good incentive to stay in the kayak!! Glad you had fun with the kids!! (just teasing, Mrs Bunker)
And Frank is such a typical guy when it comes to penis size... "You call that giant" . :{ I am kayaking again on thursday with sister # 2 this time!

Edith Bunker said...

The river wasn't that bad when we got out away from the dock, but we did STRONGLY discourage splashing & I announced that if anyone fell in that I would not be coming in after them, just hooking em' with a paddle and towing them back.

AND just exactly how far south do I have to go Frank??
I had a radiology instructor that said women always overestimated lengths on images...I think it's because of the repetition of a 2 inch exaggeration which has been perpetrated for evah.

Gia's Spot said...

Bwahahahahahahahah Mrs B... that was perfect!!

Unknown said...

Its at the two week mark I start worrying if your ever coming back...