Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is stupid.

It is however, serious business for 6 year old girls who insist upon wearing pink and red from hairband to cowboy boots. So H. looked cute after our exhaustive search to find pink underwear (clean pink underwear).

Everyone else looks stupid. N. refuses to be involved unless there is a food incentive; I guess he's being true to his gender, after all the grown-up male involvement is also incentive driven; at some point the prize changes from "cookie" to "nookie".

I'm sure I participated in a previous lifetime, but who can stand the commercial cheapening of true love? Please refer to "treatise on marriage" post while I get the vomit out of my hair.

Nick has not forgotten to recognize the day, he wished me a happy Valentine's day and told me we'd do something special soon (soon=never). This is quite alright by me, due to my above stated sentiments. I am well stocked on fine chocolate due to the kindness of less cranky patients, so I'm feeling pretty well set.

Nice thing about Nick #2: He takes out the trash (probably so he can monitor the contents, and make sure I'm not squandering plastic forks or ketchup packets, but still it saves me the trouble)

No comments: