Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sloppy Seconds

Once upon a time there was a somewhat attractive princess who married a handsome prince. They had two beautiful children.

Years passed, and they lost their thrones. The handsome prince got a beer belly and some hair growing out of his ears, and the attractive princess became cynical, kind of bitchy, and a bit haggard. The children remained beautiful. They did not move to the suburbs. The beautiful children ruined all the furniture because of their game that the floor is hot lava, meaning that their feet cannot touch the floor and they must jump from chair, to table, etc.

Obviously, we've been spending a little to much time with the brothers Grimm this week. There has been a temporary moratorium placed upon on Harry Potter, as the wands and broomsticks were too much alongside the hot lava.

I'm a bit late on my Valentine's recap because the little fucker chewed through my computer power cord. He was unharmed, but the $80.00 cord was shredded.

As stated in the previous post, I'm a little sour on Valentine's day. Nick, however, was determined to do his duty and get me roses. It's impossible to get roses on the day itself, because anyone who actually wants them orders them sometime prior to February 14th.

Nick, determined, and ever parsimonious, noted that a female colleague who had left town for the week had left her dozen red long stems on her desk. Do I need to finish this story?

When I got to my office I experienced some guilt when I spotted the vase. After further evaluation, the lack of a card, and the wide beautiful blooms (not buds), gave me slight pause.
Oh well...it is in keeping with my romantic sentiments. At least they weren't from a funeral parlor.

Nice thing about Nick #3: he's tall

No comments: