Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Recap

Above is a small sampling of the impressive Halloween haul. Note the "fun size" Milky Way at the bottom which was included for the purpose of scale. What the big fat hell is going on here? Where the hell is the recession? I thought this would be a scaled back "one little Tootsie Roll per person" type Halloween, but I guess not based upon the portions dispensed; who knew there was such a thing as a KING sized Reese's bar?
I felt pretty chintzy passing out the regular trick-or-treat size candy. Possibly I resembled the old lady who passed out pennies to everyone when we were kids; pretty smart really because everyone just threw them right back into her pumpkin which somehow always seemed to be kicked in.

Also, why are all the moms dressed up like prostitutes? How's a real working girl supposed to get her game on with all the bustier-clad house fraus doing the ho stroll?


The kids are old enough now that they inventory and trade their goodies, which means I can't indiscriminately ravage the haul as usual. I surreptitiously pinched a medium sized Snickers out of The Boy's bag, and damned if he didn't figure it out in short order. Good thing it was just a trial run, as he's had expert tutelage in the apoplectic fit; this was skillfully averted.

This process has caused a minor speed bump in my usual post-Halloween candy hork; don't you worry though, just a few more Reese's cups (the tiny ones are actually better, chocolate:peanut butter ratio is higher) and I'll be throwing on my bunny ears to pose with my BBW posse!

Blog note: The Suit has been listed on eBay (starting price $0.99) and has already been bid up to an amazing $17.00!! Maybe I can start a retirement fund by selling off Archie's junk; heck, no overhead and vast amounts of rare treasure. Sorta like a winning lotto ticket! well...not really, it's just the eternal optimist in me coming out.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

At you eat the candy you pilfer from the kids. My office is a chocolate factory right now from all the moms bringing in the junk they dont want their kids to have. ugh, I've been on a sugar rush for two days. I dont even want to see chocolate anymore, ever.

Whens the bidding over for the outfit??

Unknown said...

yeah, that first sentence should have read, "at LEAST you eat"... yeah, I'm going back to packing now.

Edith Bunker said...

3 more days of bidding. it started at $0.99 and is curretly at $38.00, this is a victory!
I also received an email from a nice lady who suggested that I switch the description (lifted straight of of my post) to make it sound a little more flattering.
the item number is
110452836528 if you want to have a look, but I'm predicting I'm gunna crack the $50.00 mark, this is the most excitement I've had since the frog lamp!

Unknown said...

$50.00?!?! Holy shiznit!! If I were you, I'd be getting more stuff listed on there. Can you imagine Archie when he figures out your selling his shit right out from under him!!! lmfao!

Unknown said...

I just looked at it online...he paid HOW MUCH FOR THAT!!!!!!!! What an assclown.

Edith Bunker said...

you said it sista

CrazyPoet said...

$51.00 with a bullet, Edith!!!

Edith Bunker said...

Fri. Night, suit's up to $61.50!! Lots o' Cheetos.

Anonymous said...

Bellissime Donne , Kisses !

Anonymous said...

Bellissime Donne , Kisses !