Monday, June 15, 2009

Drug Rep McDreamy


HOT MAN!
Technically he's not a drug rep because he's selling instrumentation (big costly machine), but anyone who's spiffed up in a suit and brings lunch along with randomized multi-center placebo controlled studies may be loosely referred to as a "drug rep".

I believe that the image most often conjured of the modern day pharmaceutical rep is somewhat interchangeable with the images one may find in the Victoria's Secret catalog. Yes, some of them do actually dress like that; then they can come into the office and chat up my male colleague, and give him the ol' "oops, I was just getting some samples for you and my bosoms accidentally fell out!" routine. This method is tried and true. It doesn't matter if she's selling cyanide tabs- New!! Controlled Release Cyanide Tabs!- he's gunna start writing for that shit like a well trained monkey.
More often that not, she then will come ask me about my nail polish and sigh about the indignity of getting ogled by my male colleague; we female-bond a bit, and she gives me some cyanide samples and implores me to write for her drug so she doesn't have to lower herself by calling on the ogling men. vixen for him, victim for me. That's a typical drug rep visit. But now....

The HOT (straight!) MAN with the magic machine that fixes everything. Yup, the machine fixes everything! I'm writing a check right now, because I want to be able to call him every week with questions about my special instrument. Unfortunately it is technically so easy to use that a "Rock of Love" contestant could master it in five minutes, but I will manufacture pressing questions about the physics involved and pester him for answers in person. And how do I know he's straight? Well...I don't actually, but let's don't kill my little fantasy just yet. He's visiting Wednesday for another pitch, so I've got to get myself fixed up, and this could take a while. Studying for Boards? puleeze.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, nothing like a hOtt man to put a little pep in your step. Work it momma!

And dont you have gay-dar??

Anonymous said...

Note to Edith:

He's not straight.

Frank

Edith Bunker said...

oh come on!! I used to trust my gay-dar but the whole metrosexual thing makes me confused, and I've made some glaring errors lately.

Unknown said...

True, the whole metrosexual thing has screwed things up. Perfectly straight men getting mani/pedi's in the chair next to me on Saturdays has me a little confuzzled as well. BUT, my gay male friends can still spot another gay a mile away.

Bring a gay man with you to work...

Gia's Spot said...

WEAR THE SHOES!!!!!!!!!! This can also help in determining if he is gay.. If he says he loves the shoes, gay, if he just oogles your legs, oolala, dessert!

Edith Bunker said...

Ok. shoes I got, any big gay volunteers stepin' up? That won't try to flip him if he's not that way??

Unknown said...

"That won't try to flip him if he's not that way??"

THAT made me LOL! They will ALWAYS try to flip 'em. Never fear, if they're not flippable, they aint flippen no matter what.

I'm totally diggin the shoe idea. Gia's spot on with that one.

dr. pa said...

he's mine. your married.

Edith Bunker said...

He said YOU'RE fat.

Gia's Spot said...

Oh cat fight! (and your new profile picture is so ....ewwww

Unknown said...

LMAO...Dr. House has that fabulous "business in the front, party in the back" atrocious haircut!

bahahahahha