Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Little Good News About the Recession



Probably you're wondering what possible good news could exist in this entire epic financial clustertaxbooblation. Well, leave it to me friend. I can hone in on a nugget of happiness (of the schadenfreude variety) faster that a starving feral cat can disembowel a soft fluffy baby bunny.

So then, here it is, the good news:
Most of the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" are broke!
Yes, it comes as a shock. This includes the radiant natural beauty Kim Zolciak (above). I don't know which is worse, her behavior or the fact that a I know about it.

She's a wretched home wrecking bimbo who was engaged to her sugar daddy. He financed all her excesses in shopping, shit parenting, cellulite vacuuming, and wig wearing. One bit of a problem with their engagement was that her intended was already married, and when the wedding plans fell through she announced that it was OK, really because it turns out that she prefers the company of women over men after all. Particularly in that way. Fancy that!

Her utterly vain & vapid existence makes me feel deeply intellectual and introspective; I suppose that's why I like her. It did always piss me off though, that she had so much money to piss away. This even though she had to quit beauty school as she couldn't keep up with the academic portion because there was to0 much chemistry to learn (truth! season two).

Anyway, the party's over, and I guess she'll resume her walk of shame to her hostess job at TGI Friday's, and maybe even score a few day shifts at a gentleman's club. She'll surely have to start shopping at Payless Shoe Source instead of Neiman's, smoke some generic smokes, and even wear the same wig for more than one week. Perhaps she'll have to fire her nanny so that she may more directly ignore her children.

Hard times have fallen on others as well; specifically all those ridiculous punks who scored bogus marketing positions after dropping out of the Public Relations program or the Criminal Justice Associate's degree at the local community college. How was it that they were making so much money anyway?? I know that this is getting to be long and I'm fully embracing my embitterment, but how is it that there were so many 200K jobs to be had by people who's main accomplishment seemed to be mastery of a TiVo? My Garsh!

With the temporary restoration of a more proper earning order, I can look down my nose, sip daintily from my china teacup, gently pat my lips dry with a crisp linen napkin, put on airs of superiority, all while I continue to pay for unemployment benefits of indefinite duration. And haul around a certain deadbeat collecting "disability".

In keeping with this glut of glad tidings, behold my new shoes!
Probably liquidated from Kim Z's collection, these are made by Jil Sanders and sparkle a little bit. They are a tiny bit uncomfortable, but we must suffer for our art.


This second picture was taken by someone (no names here) on my payroll with instructions to photograph the shoes. THE SHOES. Are there shoes in the picture? This is digital photography. Where are the shoes?? Yes my skirt is hiked up to prevent shadows on the shoes. So inapproprite, I know. Despite the glaring lack of shoes, I have opted to include it out of pure vanity because it looks like I have some mean kankles in the first picture.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Indefinate unemployment. nom nom nom.

I'm still laughing over the 2nd picture. Shit you crack me up.

Ann T. said...

Dear Mrs. Bunker,
Was this person with the camera Dr. Ginger or other straight (if cross-dressing) male? Or perhaps Kim Zolciak, records clerk? Why would they take pictures of SHOES when they can take them of bombshell legs and thighs???

Mrs. Bunker, staff may have to Obey, but they still have Preferences.

I do LOVE the shoes though. I had my basic black square-toed pumps out two days in a row, and it is Time for something new. I have my eyes on some sandals and something grocery store foxx and something all the ti-i-i-i-me foxx. You just wait. I will send pix.

As to the recession, maybe those hopeless hapless marketing execs will join Wigged-Out at TGIFs. As Busboys.

Sincerely,
Ann T.

Capt. Schmoe said...

Lawd Mrs. B,

I find your candor refreshing, but I was looking forward to calling you out over the shoe-less picture. I mean what else could it be but vanity?

But since you admitted it, I'll just have to admire the jaw line of the woman in the first picture.

She kinda reminds me of my half-sister, except my half sister only drinks beer.

Thanks for the post Mrs. B.

Anonymous said...

"eRROWWWWW"("Cat Fight" sound effect)
you sound a tad bitter Edith...
"Vain & Vapid Existence"?? You talkin about ME??
Kim's one of those women the cameras not friendly to, like Hilary Clinton.
I'VE seen Hilary Clinton, in the FLESH, and while we might not agree politically, she has a special place in my Spank Bank, I mean Heart.

and if you can listen to "Tardy for the Party" and not have it stick in your head for 6 months your a better man than I am...

Nice Shoes, :)
Does Mr. Bunker ever ask you to walk on his back like George Jefferson used to do on "the Jeffersons"??
just askin cause Mrs. D won't walk on mine anymore...:(

Frank

Edith Bunker said...

peedee, now I just need a rack like yours & I'll be on my way to compete with Kim as prime gold digger material!

Ann, go, shop, conquer. it is the path to happiness. temporary, but I take it where I find it.

Capt, I love beating someone to the punch. And it could be that "she of the jawline" will also be consuming beer instead of champagne in the coming days. You could probably admire her in person if you figure out which TJI Fridays will be displaying her.

Frank! how did I fail to mention Tardy to the Party?? How? Let's face it, she was CHEATED, no Grammy?

I never met Hillary so I can't speak to your point. However, I did once shake hands with Bill, and it's true he does have some kind of magnetism. It's weird that that hand still itches sometimes...

If you get Mr. D the right shoes she'll be trotting up and down your spine like a giddy yearling. trust me.

bestest,

Edith

Gia's Spot said...

Love the shoes Edith! Glad you took the 2nd pic as I was thinking, hmmm those are not the ankles of a runner!! And why are you office moving again? or is this the end of the other one??
Either way, love having you back! I may be trekking to Chi town so I may need your Dr services if I trip and break something! <3

Edith Bunker said...

Thank you Gia,now I feel justified for putting the picture up.
And it's all just one big move, been working on it for a few months, to be open for business in my new digs on tuesday.

Let me know when you're coming! drop me and email, are you going to be downtown?

Anonymous said...

Wanna know whats creepy???
Umm besides my Miley Cyrus shrine...
Seein your daughter wear the F-me-Pumps your wife used to...

Edith Bunker said...

oh Frank, that is SO creepy.

Note to self: never loan the f-me pumps to Miss H. Ever. or the boy, for that matter.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. B......Wish you the best for the grand opening on Tuesday. Loved the shoes, if I was only younger and could still wear them, to high for me! You and your friends give me lotsa laughs. Gook luck again Pat

CholeraJoe said...

Mrs. B, you ought to know that nice racks can be purchased,($2995 installed) but hot legs like yours require years of work.

Anonymous said...

Edith, luv those shoes!!! But ya gotta buy a little lambswool if it's your toes that hurt, or a little gel mpj insert... or you won't be able to run for a week after your rave.

-SCRN

Linnnn said...

With those gams, you ain't "tardy for the party!" Oh, crap, I just went there. I need a drink...

Edith Bunker said...

Pat: you can still wear them. Maybe not run in them, but a nice pair of sparkly shoes is good for one's overall disposition. Thanks for the encouraging words, the office is opening Tuesday, ready or not!

CJ: I'm pretty sure it was the climb up the mountain that did it. They were all flabby before that. Were does one get augmented for less than 5K? Shocking.

SCRN: Marcaine baby. This is why we have marcaine.

Linnn, you've just outed yourself. I won't tell soul though.

Anonymous said...

Edith,
You are such a cheater. If I had marcaine, oh just think of the shoes I could wear... yours!
-SCRN

dr. p.a. said...

Sometimes you have to use a little marcaine in the foot for fashion's sake. I've done it myself. Well worth it.

CholeraJoe said...

Augmentations in Southern Indiana go for about $3K for saline, about $1500 more for silicone. One of my coworkers just had nice ones done.

Ann T. said...

Dear Mrs. Bunker,
Your GRAND OPENING Party is ready for you! All this work deserves a little play!
Ann T.

http://auntiehathaway.blogspot.com/2010/05/congratulations-on-your-new-office.html

Anonymous said...

So Edith,
Strawberry Koolaid on the rocks works wonders for hangovers.

-SCRN

Unknown said...

Edith. Come back!

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your site. It looks like some of the written text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a problem with my web browser because I've had this happen previously.

Cheers

My website www.verawangshoes.org