Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Teen Couture

Who knew about all these teenage trampolina shops?? I guess I have a few short years to prepare myself for the day that H wants to wear clothes from shops where I can't tell the difference between the skirts and the belts. I think some of the belts actually provide more coverage than the article of clothing they are meant to accessorize.

Aeroposlut, Horestein, and Abercunty and Fish are the shops to which I was introduced by my newly teenaged niece (who is now better endowed than I) during her weekend visit. She did issue a warning that I may need to cover H.'s eyes, and some of that shit made me blush. Thankfully, my niece is not inclined to wear the skank gear herself, but she is very much drawn to the stores. I would defiantly insist on a prophylactic dose of Valtrex before trying anything on in any of those unisex dressing rooms, "clothing optional beyond this point" says the sign. Don't look honey, this is how babies get made.

I was of course a very demure teen myself. Back in the day we looked pretty much like little Amish girls. Well, except for those jeans that were so damn tight they couldn't be zipped while in a vertical position, and once they were successfully in place, a little tiny fart could blow your boots right off. All very proper otherwise; I'm pretty sure. Even if I'm totally lying about this, there were no digital cameras or You Tube back then, so who's going to know? I'm sure I was always ladylike. Pretty sure. Lets just don't judge, ok?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

better endowed and taller too.

Back in our day even the men wore jeans tight enough that you could tell what religion they were. However the jeans were worn around the waist, not around the thighs with underwear showing.

Most shirts in our day were long enough to reach the top of the pants--if not they were classed as a boob tube and deemed not appropriate. Shirts may have been tied up to expose the midriff, but at least they were originally made long enough.

Today there seems to be a curious shortage of fabric. Clothing of all types uses less fabric and charges more for it. Is that due to a short supply of fabric or parenting?

Edith Bunker said...

It's cuz global warming. duh.
I forgot about the boob tube!! I lacked to necessary equipment. Let's hope that whole boxer thing has run its course...I'm really sick of that one. How do they keep those things up when the waistline is below the whole rear? do they rubber-band them to somthin'?