Wednesday, July 2, 2008

KNOCK KNOCK

One of the nice things about having little kids (besides being able to have little people to lord over), is that they think that I am amazing, beautiful, and hysterically funny.

Not to worry, I'm completely aware of the fact that in about 3 years they will start to be embarrassed to be seen with me, and in 6 years they may actually hate me; but for now, they think that I am some kind of wonderful goddess, and I will bask in it while it lasts.

Today I told them crappy jokes from Highlight's magazine, and then some jokes that veered a little into potty land, and they nearly ruptured their little spleens laughing. They think knock knock jokes are the funniest things they've ever heard, there doesn't really even have to be a good punch line.

N. can amuse H. for hours by his burping prowess. They also believe that I have only burped once in my life. My benchmark belch which set the standard for all other burps came as a surprise to everyone, even me. It was so damn loud the neighbors probably heard it, I'm sure I was undergoing some temporary demonic possession. Anyway, the kids refer to it as the bullfrog burp, and the memory of it assures my continued domination on the circuit. They think I saved up for it my whole life, and that I will have a similar occurrence sometime around my eightieth birthday.


No comments: