Saturday, May 24, 2008

Preschool Skank

My sweet baby boy seems to have developed a small crush on some little cootie queen. All year he has stayed in the boy's corner building towers and crushing things with his scabby band of brothers, now suddenly he's all smitten over this little tramp, Maria.

I know this because hers is the only female name outside of his teachers and the lunch lady that he has committed to memory. He knows his buddie's names, and he calls all the little girls "that girl". Except, suddenly, Maria. I don't know who she is, but I'm thinking straight-up ho; probably wearing Lucite Mary-Jane's with a slot for tips.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm the only female that he should be worshiping, at least until he turns five.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

N may be a Neanderthal, but he is your Neanderthal. Until he starts dragging them home by the hair, I don't think you have too much of a problem. Alternatively if he offers to buy Maria a warehouse, so she has room to store her Barbie car, Barbie RV and Bratz paraphernalia, then it might be time to worry.

Edith Bunker said...

No warehouses. EVER.